Safety First Shooting Association is a 501C4 non-profit corporation which operates the River Oaks Range on private property. Shooting at the range is a privilege enjoyed by our paying members and their guests. We are dedicated to the following goals:
· To educate the general public as to the responsibilities and obligations connected with owning and using firearms and related items.
· To educate the general public in effective safety procedures and methods in the handling, storage, transportation and use of firearms, related equipment and supplies.
· To make these educational opportunities more easily available to under-served segments of the population, including but not limited to, women, youth, and the handicapped.
· To promote and provide outreach firearms safety training in various venues, including but not limited to, schools, churches and synagogues, youth groups and service organizations.
· To create, acquire, publish and disseminate educational books, pamphlets, brochures, newsletters and research papers, as well as audio, video and computer based materials, pertaining to shooting, firearms and related items.
· To offer courses of study that may be required to qualify for permits or licenses, including but not limited to hunting licenses and concealed carry permits.
· To offer hands-on instruction in the safe and proper use of firearms for various purposes, including but not limited to home and self-defense, hunting, informal shooting, and competition.
· To sponsor special events encouraging participation in shooting by women, men, girls and boys as individuals, families, teams, or groups.
· To promote shooting as a traditional American pursuit, that teaches discipline, responsibility, and sportsmanship, exercises both the mind and the body, and can provide a lifetime of enjoyment and enrichment.